Since I did my first ever home-made face mask, I’ve been on the search for new ones with different ingredients and different benefits for my skin. I’ve come across a few good ones and I’ve added them to my D.I.Y list. I’ll be sharing those with you as soon as I try them out for myself. This second face mask that I’ve tried requires only three ingredients, but those three have an abundance of benefits for your skin. They are also probably already available in your kitchen cupboard, so you shouldn’t have any trouble accessing them. Tried, tested, and loved the outcome, it is now time to share it with you guys.
Here we go!
The ingredients you are going to need are the following:
* Nutmeg powder
* Cinnamon powder
* Honey – preferably organic
* A bowl and 2 spoons – a tablespoon and a teaspoon
The amount you use of each ingredient depends on how many people are going to be using this mask with you (because you know, your life is always a slumber party isn’t it?). My mom decided to join me on my face mask adventure this time so I made enough for the both of us. If you don’t have anyone to do this with, then you can just save the rest of it for some other night (but remember, keep it refrigerated).
You are going to need a tablespoon of honey, half a teaspoon of nutmeg powder, and half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Make sure you mix them very well so all the ingredients blend together. You should end up with a somewhat thick paste. Again, this would be enough for two people to use, so if you only want to make enough for yourself, just cut the amount of each ingredient in half.
Once you’re done mixing them, apply the paste to your face evenly but remember to avoid the eye and mouth area. Leave this mask on for 30 minutes, then with a face sponge (or if you don’t have one, just use your fingers) and lukewarm water, rinse the mask off by making a circular motion with either the sponge or your fingers. Once you wash it all off, pat your face dry with a towel and apply your moisturizer.
Reasons why this is good for you:
The mixture of these ingredients together really helps with getting rid of acne, as well as a number of skin infections. Also, it helps with exfoliating the skin when you rub the mask off using circular motions, getting rid of dead skin cells and rejuvenating your skin.
* Nutmeg powder helps with eliminating any blackheads or scars caused by acne, and reduces inflammation or redness of the skin. It has also been found that nutmeg contains an active chemical substance known as Macelignan which has been shown to increase the amount of fat (or adipose) tissue found beneath our skin, thus filling out any expression lines or wrinkles that may have formed over the years. It also helps with the development of this fat tissue, which naturally declines as we age.
* Cinnamon powder has many antimicrobial properties that can benefit your skin; it kills bacteria and prevents most types of skin infections from forming. One thing to keep in mind with cinnamon is to test it on a small patch of your skin to see if you are allergic to it as it may cause a burning sensation or an allergic reaction if used in large amounts as a topical remedy.
* Honey is the perfect cleansing agent. It absorbs any pollutants from the pores on your face, and acts as an antiseptic, anti-irritant, antioxidant, and a moisturizer. It protects your skin from any damage caused by the suns UV rays and sustains the skins ability to rejuvenate and refresh exhausted skin. It is also considered a natural humectant, which means it has the ability to attract moisture and retain it, thus preventing wrinkles and dryness as well as maintaining suppleness.
I hope you love this mask just as much as I did! If you did, do let me know :)
Happy masking! xx